Bed & Breakfast
- New Market Tavern, Market Street, Aberdare, CF44 7DY - 01685 884414
- Cherry Tree Guest House, 2-3 Nith Street, Aberdare, CF44 7ER - 01685 877769
- Tŷ Andrew Guest House, 33 Seymour Street, Aberdare, CF44 7BL - 01685 876603
- Dare Valley Country Park, Aberdare, CF44 7PT - 01685 874672
- Premier Inn, Riverside Retail Park, Tirfounders Field, Aberdare, CF44 0AH 0870 850 6388 http://www.premierinn.com
Nearest Supermarkets and free ATM
- Tescos, Depot Road, Aberdare, CF44 8DL
- Asda, Riverside Retail Park, Tirfounders Field, Aberdare, CF44 0AH
Book a meal at The Coliseum – it’s convenient and yummy! But, if you really have to go elsewhere, here is a selection of other local pubs and restaurants.
- Wetherspoons, Victoria Square, Aberdare, CF44 7BL
- Brewers Fayre, Riverside Retail Park, Tirfounders Field, Aberdare, CF44 0AH, 01685 876511
- Gadlys Arms, 26 Bridge Street, Robertstown, Aberdare, CF44 8EU 01685 876055
- Glancynon Inn, Swansea Road, Hirwaun, Aberdare, CF44 9PE 01685 813020
- Balti Indian cuisine, Cwmbach Road, Aberdare, CF44 0PA 01685 881122
- Aberdare Balti, 48 Gadlys Road, Aberdare, CF44 8AE 01685 879635
- Pagoda, 64 Gadlys Road, Aberdare, CF44 8AD 01685 874664
- McDonalds, Depot Road, Aberdare, CF44 8DL
- Dominos Pizza, Riverside Retail Park, Tirfounders Field, Aberdare, CF44 0AH
- Kentucky Fried Chicken, Riverside Retail Park, Tirfounders Field, Aberdare, CF44 0AH
- Fai’s Fish Bar, 40 Windsor Street, Trecynon, CF44 8HH, 01685 875337
Banks with ATM
- HSBC – 55 Cardiff Road, Aberdare, CF44 7DL
- Barclays – 12-13 Victoria Square, Aberdare, CF44 7HY
- NatWest – 26 Victoria Square, Aberdare, CF44 7BL
- Lloyds TSB – 12 Canon Street, Aberdare, CF44 7AR
- Halifax – 14 Canon Street, Aberdare, CF44 7AP
- Co-Operative – 19 Duke Street, Aberdare, CF44 7ED
- Steve’s Taxis – 01685 882125
- A & C Cars – 01685 811111
- Dav-Lyn Taxis – 01685 884455
- Town Taxis – 01685 870776
- 1st AAA Taxis – 01685 878855
Aberdare Taxi rank located in Market Street adjacent to Aberdare Bus Terminal
Evening Train Times From Aberdare to Pontypridd/Cardiff- 17:22, 17:52, 18:22, 18:52, 19:52, 20:22, 20:52, 21:52, 22:52
Last Train to Cardiff Central via Pontypridd and Cardiff Queen Street - 10.52pm Monday –Saturday, 9.14pm Sundays
Please note, these times will be subject to change, so please check the traveline website at http://www.traveline-cymru.info text: 84268 or http://www.thetrainline.com before starting your journey!
The Coliseum is a 20 minute walk from Aberdare train station, the taxi rank is on the other side of the main road. From the platform follow the path behind the ticket office to the pedestrian crossing. Once across the road turn left for the taxi rank and Aberdare’s main bus station.
If using a bus The Coliseum is located in an area of Aberdare called Trecynon, there is a bus stop at Aberdare Park where you will alight. The Coliseum is on the other side of the road, on one of the side streets.
On foot follow the path from the platform but keep left, do not cross the road. Walking around the station car park keep left, stay on this road you will see a small industrial estate and playing fields, when the road bares left follow it into Bridge Street you will see a bridge on your right, cross the bridge in to Tudor Terrace, at the top of the street head right onto Hirwaun Road and carry on until Mount Pleasant Street where you will find The Coliseum.
PLEASE NOTE: these details are for information only, and not an endorsement in anyway by Cultural Services of the service or quality of the companies listed.